My Mum and Sister have been to visit, so as me and the creative director / website administrator / husband are on our own for Easter Sunday (don’t feel bad for us, we’ll be eating pizza and easter eggs) we had Easter lunch today.
First up I made a goat cheese and caramelised red onion crostini with a watercress salad.
For the main we had white wine and herb roasted chicken. See the recipe on the Delicious website here.
We were quite full so had pre-desert of pecan hokey pokey bites.
Finally a few hours later we enjoyed a white chocolate, cherry and amaretti cheesecake with a marzipan egg and fluffy Easter chick.
Here’s the recipe for the white chocolate, cherry and amaretti cheesecake…
Makes 6 individual cheesecakes or one big one!
200g amaretti, crushed to crumbs
100g salted butter, melted
300g tub full fat soft cheese (I use Philadelphia; I find own brand cream cheese is too wet and doesn’t set)
150ml pot double cream
300g white chocolate, melted
6 tablespoons cherry jam (I loosen mine with a splash of cherry liqueur)
1. Mix the biscuits and melted butter then press into base of your tin or individual pots. Chill while you make the filling.
2. Put the cream cheese and cream in a mixing bowl. Add the melted white chocolate and beat with an electric whisk until smooth.
3. Spread a layer of the mixture over the biscuit base, spoon in a layer of cherry jam and then spread another layer of the cheesecake mix on top. You need to work quickly as the cheesecake sets easily.
4. Wipe round the edge to give a smooth finish and chill for at least 5 hrs until firm.
5. Decorate with items of your choice or drizzle with more cherry jam.